1. Acupuncture – one of the reasons PF occurs is tight tendons! Using specific Acupuncture points we can release tension in the tendons, increase circulation and reduce inflammation. All of these things help significantly in reducing the pain and discomfort of this difficult to manage condition. Don’t worry we don’t needle into the Plantar tendons themselves!
2. AcuTaping – using special kinesiology tape, we tape specific areas which help support the foot but also activate specific acupuncture channels which we know encourages and supports the body in the healing process.
3. Stretching – it’s really important to regularly stretch the tendons and muscles, all the way from the Plantar tendons to the Achilles tendons up to the hamstrings.
4. Shoes – DON’t wear flat shoes or walk around with bare feet!! Something with a small heal, which offers support around the ankle is best.
5. Insoles – it’s vital to get your feet properly assessed to see if you have ‘flat feet’ or fallen arches, as this can significantly impact PF. They are some shoe shops who employ trained Orthotic technicians who will assess your feet and recommend insoles accordingly.
Follow these 5 easy simples and find relief from Plantar Fasciitis
Call EAST Norwich Acupuncture on 07794 844196 now for a Free consultation
What causes it? From what doctors can determine its caused by inflammation and thickening of the flexible tissue around the should joint ( the capsule). But its not fully understood as to why this happens. There could be an old injury or possibly over use of the shoulder.
You are at more risk if you are aged between 40 and 60, and female!! Up to 1 in 20 people in the UK are affected at some time in their lives!
The main symptoms of frozen shoulder are restricted rotational movement which leads to pain.
Did you know there are 3 stages in the onset of Frozen Shoulder (or adhesive capsulitis)?
Your doctor would probably just give you pain killers and possibly corticosteroid injections depending on the severity. A good physio will show you some useful exercises which can help to loosen the muscles and return some mobility.
Surely months of pain and discomfort, not to mention inconvenience when you are struggling with simple tasks, is just too much though? Except I suppose if you don’t have to do the ironing!!! I hate ironing!
So whats the alternative?
Acupuncture, can help resolve frozen shoulder amazingly quickly! In fact I have been really surprised at the amount of improvement that I have seen clients achieve after just one treatment!!
This is because acupuncture has an almost immediate effect on the muscles, encouraging them to ‘let go’ and relax. It also has a direct effect on the brain and particularly the pain centre I n the brain!
There are a number of famous and ancient points which are particularly recommended for FS. One seemingly strange one is where we needle the opposite leg!
I use these points in conjunction with other local points around the shoulder joint area, and also points which encourage the body to heal - Chinese medicine views things very differently to Western medicine, we always like to look to see if there are any underlying issues which may have contributed to the condition.
For example Spleen Deficiency can cause muscles to become weak and stressed, Liver Blood Deficiency can cause muscular spasms, weakness and cramps (Liver Blood not nourishing the muscles and tendons). I would then use some points directly associated with improving these issues, thereby giving a better long term outcome.
If Frozen Shoulder is stopping you from building your snowman, then give me a call
Hi I'm Colette Ogle owner of EAST Norwich Acupuncture, and I want to share with you interesting snip-its, reviews and news on TCM, Acupuncture and general ways in which you can improve your health. I hope you find these informative and helpful, if you would like to see more of a certain topic, just let me know.